I spent some time online searching for more information to help neophytes, like myself, to be able to really understand the idea of podcasting. Being one who doesn't have a videocam, a microphone, or any friends with these instrauments, I'm unable to actually produce videos of podcasts, but I think it's important to understand the process and see their value in case the chance to participate arrives in the future.
Whether for personal or professional use, I consider a podcast like a convenient to-go meal. I've put in my order (food or RSS feed), someone else does the work, I pick it up when it's ready and then consume when most convenient to me. As an educator, I see real value for secondary and university aged students. Often, students are unable to be in class for a lesson, holidays, illness, family emergencies, etc., and if lessons/lectures were recorded as a podcast, there'd be no reason for the student to lose any learning time.
I think our world has a ways to go before before podcasts are mainstream in public education and I can see post secondary more likely to participate in this form of communicating knowledge if the professors are capable. However, one day, when more adults are more technologically competent, more students will have the opportunity to learn in this fashion.
Check out the Youtube videos I found to help explain podcasts,create a podcast and how teach learn yourself in order to teach your students how to podcast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment