Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogging Safety

Since I've never set up a blog for anyone other than myself, I hadn't thought out all the safety measures that would need to be in place. In consideration of setting up a class blog, Christina commented that she's had her students use historical names instead of their own, which I think is a great idea. I hadn't got as far as how to work in conjuction with the privacy issue that is so strongly enforced in our district. None of our students names or photos are allowed in print in any form without the written consent of the parents. However, with 'pretend' names, and having the students chose them to corrolate to a current theme or unit of study, allows for the blogs to exist and all will remain safe.
Thank you, Christina, (if that's your real name!) for the great idea that is now great forethought for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment